This salad is very simple, and if it is not completed in the exact steps I describe below, it will not be the same. There are no exact measurements to this salad...it's mostly to taste and just takes some practice.
- Take two plates and stick them in the freezer
- Tear your lettuce (iceberg or romaine) into a bowl
- Wash the lettuce then place in a salad spinner and spin!
- Put the lettuce back in the bowl
- Lightly coat the lettuce with olive oil - Use the good stuff here, it's a main component
- Sprinkle sea salt over the salad and toss
- Squeeze a good amount of lemon juice over the salad (fresh or bottled) and then toss
- Dash a few drops of worcestershire sauce over the salad and toss
- Taste and adjust using the same ingredients
- Place on the cold plates and enjoy!
This salad we just tried yesterday. I think it's ok, definitely has a lot of flavor, but is a bit too bold for my tastes. This is also from FoodNetwork.com - Guy Fieri
- Saute 3/4 cup of red onion and 1/2 lbs of chopped bacon in 1Tbs of olive oil over high heat
- Once the bacon is crispy, add 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar and another Tbs of olive oil
- Remove from heat and set aside
- Brush olive oil over some romaine lettuce and place on a grill and quickly sear. We used a mini George Foreman.
- Place the lettuce on a plate and cover with the bacon mixture
- Sprinkle crumbled blue cheese over the top