I made a taco dip and my husband made hot wings!
Cajun Crab Taco Dip
Take a large platter and arrange the following in order.
- Cajun Crab dip - Found it pre-made at Pick N Save
- Taco sauce
- Shredded cheese
- Shredded lettuce
- Chopped tomatoes
- Black olives
- Pickled jalapeños
Paula Deen's hot wings
This recipe is very good and very simple. They only hard part was we have never deep fried before - so I had my husband experiment with that. We decided to collaborate with Alton Brown for some deep frying techniques because this recipe is lacking in those directions.
You can obviously use a FryDaddy, but we just used a deep pan, some tongs, and a splash guard.
1/2 cup unsalted butter
1 cup hot red pepper sauce - We used Frank's Red Hot and Smack my ass and call me Santa
12 disjointed chicken wings
- Deep fry hot wings (Good Eats Episode - Fry Hard)
- Mix butter and sauce in pan and heat through
- Toss sauce and wings
Creamy Roquefort Dip
This is basically a substitute for blue cheese dip. I don't like dipping my hot wings in anything, but if you do this is pretty good.
1/2 cup Roquefort cheese, crumbled - We used Danish blue cheese
1 (3-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon wine vinegar
1/2 cup sour cream
- In a medium size bowl, cream the Roquefort and cream cheese until smooth
- Mix in the remaining ingredients and blend well
- Chill for 2 hours - We chilled for about 5 min