So, of course I’ve tried many times to attempt to replicate my favorite garlic bread, and finally I’ve done it! Now, I wouldn’t call it a masterpiece, but more of a breakthrough. Before I reveal how I made it, here a few things I’ve tried that haven’t worked.
- Toast the bread first, then spread on melted butter and minced garlic from a jar.
- Butter the toast and cover with pieces of fresh garlic.
- Melt the butter and the jarred, minced garlic together to “infuse” the flavor and then spread on toasted bread.
- Roast fresh garlic and mix it with melted butter, then spread on the bread and toast.
- Toast the bread with some butter, then rub fresh garlic on the bread and melt some cheese over the top.
Mostly these lacked flavor, were too soggy, or had too much garlic flavor. But finally, I found something that worked, and it’s sooo easy!On the fly garlic bread
Italian bread slices
Minced garlic from jar
- Take a slice of the bread and sporadically spread the butter on top.
- Spread about 1 tsp of the garlic on top of the bread.
- Lay a piece of the Provolone cheese over the top.
- Put in a toaster oven until toasted!
There you go, easy, inexpensive, and delicious.