It turned out really well! There was a ton of food and it was all so good. I took pictures of most of the dishes, but only got the recipes from the winning dishes. I competed in the Main course category (I'll let you know later if I won).
For this entry I'm going to share the winning appetizer.
Crab Rangoons - Made by Monique
1 package of wonton wrappers (found in the produce aisle at local super market)
8 oz of plain cream cheese
1 green onion chopped really small
½ package of imitation crab meat, crumbled in small pieces
1 egg white
Vegetable Oil for deep frying the Crab Rangoon
- Mix the the cream cheese, green onions, and crab meat in a bowl
- Spoon one scoop of the mixture in the middle of the wonton wrapper
- Dab a little egg white along the edges of the wrapper to seal with mixture
- Fold corner to corner to form a triangle
- Place aside and cover with a damp towel (to prevent them from drying out) until all wontons are made
- Heat wok and add oil for deep-frying (the temperature should be between 360 - 375 degrees)
- When oil is ready, carefully slide in the crab rangoon, taking care not to overcrowd the wok
- Deep-fry until they are golden brown, about 3 minutes, turning once.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Cool and serve.