Well, my husband saw a recipe on the package of some blue cheese and wanted to try it; we already had all of the ingredients in the house.
Blue Cheese and Asparagus Salad
2 lbs asparagus, ends snapped off
1 can mandarin oranges, drained. Save the juice.
¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
1 cup blue cheese, crumbled
Salt to taste
- Fill a large bowl with ice water and set aside
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil
- Add the asparagus and cook until crisp-tender
- Drain the asparagus and place into the ice bath for 1 minute
- Drain again and set aside
- In a bowl, whisk together the olive oil and 1 tsp orange juice
- Toss the asparagus, blue cheese, and oranges together
- Drizzle dressing over asparagus mixture
- Toss gently and sprinkle with salt to taste