It's about time to officially start the next Packer season and many more rounds of Packer parties. Last football season I was introduced to the old fashion (a Wisconsin classic). It was the sweet version and I'm not really into sweet drinks, but I ended up having a ton of these! I have been drinking them even since.
Mr. Drew's Old Smashin'
1 maraschino cherry
- Place sugar cubes in a glass
- Cover the cubes in bitters - until the cubes are brown
- Add a splash of 7-up and a maraschino cherry
- Muddle till cubes are disolved
- Fill glass with ice
- Add two shots of brandy
- Fill the rest of the glass with 7-up and stir
- Add two cherries - optional
Be sure to have these at your next Packer Party and you'll soon realize why these are called an old "smashin' ". :-)