Pop's Sloppy Joe
1.5 lbs of ground beef
1 medium onion (white or yellow), chopped
3 celery stalks, cut into about 1/2 inch chunks
2 cups of ketchup
2 oz vinegar
1 Tbs lemon juice
1 Tbs worcestershire sauce
2 oz brown sugar - about 1/4 cup
1 tsp dry mustard
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Brown and drain beef, set aside.
- Put a little oil in a hot pot. Make sure the pot is large enough to hold all of the ingredients.
- Saute the onion and celery for a few minutes, until the onions are softened.
- Add back the ground beef and all remaining ingredients.
- Combine well and stir occasionally until heated through.