Butter Spritz Cookies
1 cup butter, room temperature
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 tsp almond extract
2 1/4 cup flour
Food coloring (optional)
Sprtiz cookie maker
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cream butter in a mixing bowl.
- Add sugar and beat until fluffy.
- Add and beat egg.
- Add and combine extract.
- Add and combine flour.
- Divide the dough into separate bowls, one for each color you will make. If you aren't coloring the dough, skip ahead to putting the dough in the cookie maker.
- Add a couple of drops of food coloring to each bowl and combine well.
- Cover dough with wax paper and chill in the fridge until firm again.
- Put dough in cookie maker and punch out onto baking sheets.
- Bake for 8-10 min.
- If you are putting sprinkles on the cookies, do it while the cookies are still warm and out of the oven.
Cherry Date Skillet Balls
1 cup butter
8 oz chopped dates
3 cups crisp rice cereal
1 cup flaked coconut & another 2 1/2 cups
1/2 cup chopped, drained maraschino cherries
1 Tbs vanilla
- In a 10" skillet, melt butter over medium heat.
- Stir in sugar and dates.
- Remove from heat and then stir in the egg.
- Return to heat and continue cooking, stirring occasionally until mixture comes to a full boil.
- Remove from heat and then stir in the cereal, 1 cup coconut, cherries, and vanilla - until moist.
- Let stand about 10 min - until it's cool enough to handle.
- Take about a tsp of the mixture, roll into a ball, and then roll in the remaining coconut.
- Optionally, put the fridge (I think they taste best cold).
~ Steph Snack & Family