Makes a serving for 10
2.5 lbs large uncooked shrimp
2 sticks of butter
1/2 cup olive oil
2 Tbs dried parsley
1/2 tsp dried basil
3 cups mushrooms, sliced
7 large minced garlic cloves
1 cup fresh lemon juice
2 lbs angle hair pasta
Salt and pepper
- Boil 3 quarts of water, cook shrimp for 3 min. Drain and then set aside.
- Melt butter over medium heat.
- Stir in olive oil, parsley, thyme, basil, mushrooms, and garlic.
- Cover and simmer for 10 min.
- Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice.
- Mix sauce, pasta, and shrimp together in an oven safe dish and broil for about 6 min.
The last time I made this I thought the sauce ended up being a little bland in the end. I'm thinking maybe the mushrooms that were mixed in with the sauce soaked up too much of the flavor. Next time, I think I will make the sauce separately from the mushrooms and not combine them until everything goes into the pan.