Chocolate and Mint Puppy Chow
13 oz box of Chex Mix cereal
1/4 cup of butter
6 oz chocolate chips
1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
1/8 tsp vanilla
6 oz candy melts (In the color that's appropriate for the gender reveal. I had to buy at a craft store.)
1/8 tsp peppermint extract (Optional, or you can use another extract)
Yogurt covered peanuts (Optional)
- Melt butter, chocolate, peanut butter, and vanilla over low heat on the stove.
- Put 1/2 of the cereal in a large mixing bowl and pour chocolate mix on top.
- Mix well, being careful not to crush the cereal.
- Put a few cups of powder sugar in a clean paper grocery bag.
- Put cereal mix in the grocery bag and shake. Set aside this mix in another container.
- Put the remaining cereal in the large mixing bowl (either clean the bowl first or get a new one)
- Melt the candy melts and peppermint extract over low heat on the stove.
- Pour mixture over the cereal and mix well.
- Put cereal mix in the grocery bag and shake - add more powder sugar if needed.
- Combine colored cereal, chocolate cereal, and the peanuts.