1 1/4 sticks soft butter
1 1/3 cup flour
1/2 cup chopped nuts (any kind will do, but I tend to use walnuts)
8 oz soft cream cheese
1 cup powdered sugar
1 cup softened Cool Whip
3 cups cold milk
2 packages of instant pistachio pudding - or any pudding flavor
Toasted coconut - optional topping, how to toast coconut
Shaved chocolate - optional topping
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Combine butter, flour, and chopped nuts in a bowl.
- Place flour mixture in a 9x13 pan and gently pat into a crust to cover the bottom of the pan.
- Place in oven for 15-20 min - completely cool.
- Combine cream cheese, powdered sugar, and Cool Whip in a bowl and then spread over crust.
- Beat both packages of instant pudding with the milk for 2 min - pour over the cream cheese layer.
- Gently, spread the remaining Cool Whip over the pudding.
- Top with shaved chocolate and toasted coconut - optional.
I brought this dessert to a pot luck over the summer and I heard someone say it's so good and addicting that it's like crack!