Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers
via peace love and low carb blog
8 oz thinly sliced roast beef
8 slices provolone cheese
2 large green bell peppers, sliced in half lengthwise, remove ribs and seeds.
1 medium sweet onion, sliced
6 oz baby bella mushrooms, sliced
2 Tbs butter
2 Tbs olive oil
1 Tbs garlic, minced
Salt and pepper - to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°
- In a large sauté pan over low-medium heat, add butter, olive oil, garlic, mushrooms, onions, and a little salt and pepper. - I omitted the olive oil
- Sauté until onions and mushroom until caramelized.
- Slice roast beef into thin strips and add to the onion/mushroom mixture. Cook 5-10 minutes.
- Line the inside of each pepper with a slice of provolone cheese.
- Fill each pepper with meat mixture until they are nearly overflowing.
- Top each pepper with another slice of provolone cheese.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until the cheese on top is golden brown.