Skillet Lemon Chicken With Capers
|Even with the over cooked chicken, this dish was delicious!|
4 medium boneless skinless chicken breasts
1/2 cup flour, divided
1 tsp salt (I used a hefty amount of seasoning salt)
2 tsp olive oil
2 Tbs butter
2 Tbs garlic, minced
1/2 cup chicken stock
1/4 cup Moscato
1 large lemon
2 Tbs capers, drained
1 Tbs fresh dill, chopped
- Place each chicken breast between two sheets of wax paper and flatten each to about 1/4 inch thick.
- In one pie plate (or wide, shallow bowl), beat eggs slightly.
- In another pie plate, mix 1/4 cup flour with salt.
- Coat chicken with flour mixture, then dip in egg.
- Put battered chicken on a plate.
- Add flour/salt as needed until all chicken is coated.
- In nonstick skillet, heat olive oil over medium high heat until hot.
- Melt 1 Tbsp butter.
- Add chicken.
- Cook 5 min to brown, then reduce heat to medium.
- Turn chicken and cook about 4-5min more until juice runs clear when pierced.
- Transfer chicken to a warm dish or place in a low oven.
- Add garlic to the drippings in the skillet.
- In a bowl, whisk stock, wine, lemon juice, and 1 1/2 tsp of flour until smooth.
- Stir into mixture in skillet and scrape skillet to incorporate any browned bits.
- Heat to a boil - 1 minute. Stir in capers and remaining 1 Tbs of butter. Simmer until thickened.
- Pour sauce over chicken, sprinkle with dill, and garnish with additional lemon slices.